1. Which information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your hotel room preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general most of the information we request from you is required in order to make a booking. Travel Companion Information. When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
If you make use of any Αqua Marine social media features, either on our websiteor otherwise through a social media provider, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. For example, we offer the option to register with our website via the “Facebook Connect” feature, allowing you to register with our website using your Facebook account data without entering the required data manually on our webpage. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access information such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, town or district and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider. We may also access information from social media providers about your use of an App that we run on their website.
2. How we use your information
We use other information about you for the following general purposes so long as you have given your consent: to provide you with the products and services you request; to provide you with your hotel booking confirmation and updates; to manage your account, including processing bills and providing travel notifications; to communicate with you in general; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, website; to notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you; to otherwise customize your experience with this website.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your hotel related interests if you consented to receiving email marketing communications. Where legally required, we will abide by existing publicly available opt-out lists when sending you marketing communications. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our website and our Apps. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
3. With whom we share your information With your consent, we may share your information with the following entities: Suppliers such as car rental, and activity providers, who fulfil your travel reservations. All services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through this website. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit. Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or our Apps or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to. Please note that these third party service providers may be established in countries that might not offer a level of protection for your personal information that is equivalent to the one offered in your country of residence. However, we will endeavor to protect all personal information we collect from you in accordance with strict data protection standards. Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners. Referring websites if you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
Social media providers.
When you access certain social media features through our website, you are sharing information with the social media provider (such as Facebook) and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies (including that we may access such information via the social media provider). You may be able to modify your privacy settings for these social media providers. We also may share your information: In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, this website or our Apps, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements. In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
4. How you can access and/or correct your information
You can access and update your contact informationby contacting us at the email address listed below. By providing your personal information to us through this website, you accept that we may retain your information. We may continue to process account-related information in order to fulfil our legitimate business objectives, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for historical record and analytical purposes. We employ robust technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to account information.
5. Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book your hotel or to take advantage of certain features offered on this website. When you register as a member, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from us about special offers as well as email messages about products and services of selected third parties. You may have the opportunity on our website to provide a mobile number in order to receive your hotel confirmation details.
6. Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost all websites. Cookies do not recognise you personally and are not harmful to your computer or mobile device. They are used by websites you visit in order to improve your experience on the website, to provide us with analytics information that will help us improve our website generally, and to collect information about travel destinations of interest to you so that you may see travel ads more relevant to you.
7. How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website and our Apps to make travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website or App can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
8. External links
9. How you can contact us